These floors were built for the busy household, with layers of stability and a top wear layer that offers excellent protection. You’ll see fewer signs of wear such as scratches, scuffs, and fading, and it’s easy to clean and maintain as well.
If you prefer complete peace of mind as far as your floors are concerns, be sure to ask an associate at our luxury vinyl plank flooring store about a waterproof option. This adds protection against spills, humidity, dampness, and temperature changes, even in basements and laundry rooms. You simply can't go wrong with a material that covers so much.
Luxury Vinyl Tile and Luxury Vinyl Plank are high performance flooring products that provide excellent stain and water resistance. Unlike ceramic, porcelain, or stone products, LVT/LVP products do not crack or break.
They come in a variety of styles and colors, some of which mimic the look of natural hardwood or stone, and select styles are made to be grouted just like the real thing!
When cleaning vinyl floors; use a soft bristle broom to remove loose dirt. Damp-mop as needed with clean water and a nonabrasive floor cleaner. Harsh cleaning chemicals should not be used on luxury vinyl flooring.
Best practices for preventing damage:
- Spills should be cleaned up immediately.
- Wash the floor with nonabrasive floor cleaner.
- Never push, pull, or drag furniture across vinyl floors. Always lift and carry.
- Heavy furniture or appliances that are not moved often should be equipped with flat, non-staining floor protectors.
- Avoid using a vacuum with a beater bar.
- For spot stain treatment, use a diluted bleach solution that is 1 part bleach, 10 parts water.
Invest in high-quality floor mats for an extra layer of protection. Place the mats at entrances and exits to collect and trap corrosive substances that can be tracked in, such as dirt, sand, oil, grit, asphalt, and even driveway sealer.