Choosing new flooring can be an overwhelming and exhausting task. If you’re searching for something affordable and durable that still looks amazing, laminate might just be the answer. To help make your decision a little easier, we want to tell you the top 7 reasons why laminate flooring could be the perfect solution for you and your family.
- Laminate flooring is much less expensive than hardwood, but it doesn’t fall short on quality and appearance. If you’re on a budget, yet you love the look of hardwood, laminate flooring allows you to get the look without the breaking the bank.
- Laminate is protected by a tough external layer and resin coating, which makes it strong, scratch-resistant and highly durable. It’s also resistant to fading from sunlight. If you have small children and pets, or you need flooring for an area that involves high traffic, laminate is the perfect choice.
- Easy to clean. Unlike hardwood, the stain resistant nature of laminate flooring makes cleaning up spills easy – no special cleaners required. Just be sure to clean up spills quickly however, as laminate is not waterproof.
- Easy to install. Laminate boards are designed to interlock, making them very easy to work with. They can also be put over most existing floors, saving installation time. The process is so simple that many homeowners install laminate themselves.
- Style Variation. You can find laminate flooring in a variety of styles, from wood to stone and tile finishes. All of these are available in different colors, surface treatments, thickness and plank styles.
- If anyone in your family suffers from bad allergies, laminate flooring is an excellent choice since there are no places for dust and other particles to become trapped. The underlayment provides a moisture barrier that not only protects the floor from damage, but also prevents mold from forming.
- Subfloor Versatility. Laminate can be installed on nearly any type of subfloor, from concrete to pre-existing vinyl floors. When hardwood isn’t compatible with a subfloor, laminate is a smart option.
As you can see, laminate is a great option for many different rooms in your home. It’s important to note, however, that it isn’t a good choice for rooms with a risk of serious water leaks, like your laundry room or bathroom. Laminates are built to be moisture resistant, but not waterproof.
To learn more about laminate flooring or for any other flooring questions or needs, feel free to call us at (804) 527-2929 or contact us here https://www.costenfloors.com/.