LARGE CHOICE OF STYLE, COLORS & PATTERNS.
Vinyl Floors: An Affordable, Low-Maintenance Choice
Costen Floors offers an array of vinyl flooring options that are ideal for a wide range of applications. Ask your Costen Floors consultant to determine if a vinyl floor is the right choice for your needs.
CONSIDERING VINYL FLOORS?
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF VINYL FLOORS?
- Vinyl is water resistant and very affordable.
- A variety of colors and styles are available, making it possible to bring a new look into your home.
- It can be ideal for kitchen and bathroom floor applications as an alternative to ceramic tile.
- New “floating” vinyl floors are available that flex with the house and don’t show seams or flooring imperfections as easily.
ARE THERE ANY DISADVANTAGES TO VINYL?
- Vinyl can be cut by the feet of heavy furniture or refrigerators, etc. if you drag them over the vinyl flooring.
- Vinyl is not ideal for formal or cozy areas of the home.
Vinyl Cleaning and Maintenance Information
- Sweep or vacuum regularly (Don’t use the beater bar on your vacuum)
- Wash your floor occasionally with vinyl cleaning product
- For tougher cleaning problems, use a floor stripper (except if you have acrylic grout)
- When moving appliances or heavy furniture, lay a plywood panel on your floor and “walk” the item across it to prevent scuffs and tears.
- Use Floor Protectors on furniture legs to reduce indentations.
- Place a natural or colorfast mat at outside entrances to reduce the amount of dirt and moisture brought into your home.
- Purchase floor care products and floor protectors at Costen Floors or go to your local home center
- Don’t use detergents, abrasive cleaners, or “mop and shine” products, as they may leave a dull film on your floor.
- Don’t use paste wax or solvent-based polishes.
- Don’t use highly abrasive scrubbing tool