Cork is peeled and does not destroy the tree, allowing it to fully regrow
Cork: Beautiful and durable, natural material
Costen Floors has an extensive selection of eco-friendly cork flooring to choose from. Cork provides the beauty and durability of natural material with the comfort of a cushioned surface. Highly sustainable, cork flooring is made from the bark of cork oak trees, which is peeled and does not destroy the tree, allowing it to fully regrow its bark after about 8 years. Ask your Costen Floors consultant if cork flooring is the right choice for you.
Benefits of Cork Flooring
- Cork is a natural insulator making it warm to the touch and also very acoustical.
- Most cork flooring is glued down or “floated,” making for easy installation.
- Wide range of patterns available to choose from.
- Cork tends to give instead of scratch like hardwood, and the nature of the material hides small nicks and scratches that happen over time.
- Remove dry dirt, loose debris, etc. to avoid scratches and gouges
- Lightly dampen a cloth or mop with cork floor cleaner. Never spray any product directly on the floor and never pour water directly on the floor in the cleaning process.
- Immediately wipe up spills with a soft cloth
- To protect against scratches, equip all furniture with felt pads or glides
- Vacuum regularly